Everyone knows that employee engagement is the key to a company’s success – but just knowing that fact doesn’t make it any easier to inspire engagement within your team! Our guest for this week’s ProjectHR is Ted Ma, a leadership expert and speaker with over 17 years experience in leading teams and developing leaders. He’ll also be serving as the keynote speaker at the Spring 2020 CUE conference. In this episode, he’ll explain:
– If a leader can compel engagement;
– How to get buy-in from other leaders;
– The role of mentorship; and
– Three actionable steps you can use to improve engagement.
This episode also includes a short interview with Anne Cooper, Interim Director of CUE, who will tell us about CUE’s move online for this year’s Spring CUE Conference!Continue reading
Engagement rests on open communication, transparency, and acting on feedback. Here are some engagement strategies that will help you develop the foundation for lasting employee engagement.Continue reading
Leadership today means something different than it did for previous generations. Thanks to technology, we live in a more transparent and communicative world, and employees are demanding more from their leaders. This week on ProjectHR, John Eades, CEO of Learnloft and author of Building the Best: 8 Proven Leadership Principles to Elevate Others to Success talks about this changing dynamic, and how you can elevate your own leadership style. In this episode, we’ll discuss:
-How to build relationships with employees today;
-How great leaders get great performance;
-The primary benefit of elevating others; and
– The five leadership styles outlined in Building the Best.
Toxic workplaces are on the rise, and today, for the sake of their people and their bottom line, organizations must address and take action against this kind of behavior. This week on ProjectHR, Jana Morrin, CEO and Co-founder of Speakfully, a platform that helps employees discreetly navigate through toxic workplaces, talks about the need to support employees who experience mistreatment at work. We’ll discuss:
– The impact of toxic workplaces;
– What companies should be doing to help employees;
– How data and analytics can help companies become more proactive against toxicity; and
– The Speakfully process.
As a leader, which do you value more in your teams: belonging or uniqueness? This week on ProjectHR, Dr. Stefanie K. Johnson, author of Inclusify: The Power of Uniqueness and Belonging to Build Innovative Teams tells us why BOTH are important! In this episode of ProjectHR, we’ll talk about:
– What it means to “inclusify” and the benefits of doing so;
– The eight leader behaviors that support belonging and uniqueness;
– Tips for conducting inclusifying meetings; and
– Common pitfalls that leaders may experience.
Everyone talks about the importance of Continuous Learning – but can it really spark engagement in your employees? This week on ProjectHR, Oliver Bell, CEO of Oliver Bell, Inc., shares his insights on continuous learning and how training can be transformational, on an organizational level as well as for individual employees. In this episode of ProjectHR, we’ll talk about:
– The distinction between Continuous Learning and Lifelong Learning
– Formal, Social and Self-Directed learning
– The availability of “off-the-shelf” educational content
– How training contributes to both employee retention and engagement!
This has many leaders questioning how company culture affects turnover rates and what they can do to strengthen culture and boost employee retention. We’ll cover some of the most important pieces of company culture that your workplace should focus on to take control of employee turnover.Continue reading
What does it take to be the BEST? In this episode, we talk about making those end-of-year “Best Companies to Work For” lists and what it takes to become an Employer of Choice with your current and future employees. This week on ProjectHR, Karen Loughlin, Talent Sourcing and Diversity Manager for Wegmans Food Markets, talks with us about:
– How a regional supermarket chain gets recognized nationally as a great place to work
– The importance of corporate values
– Why employees are Wegmans’ best brand ambassadors
– How happy employees make happy customersContinue reading
Today’s workplaces are multigenerational, and in this week’s episode, we seek to understand the much-maligned Millennial generation.Continue reading
Explore the role of people analytics with Dr. Fiona Jamison. Discover how the use of analytics improves employee engagement!Continue reading