Toxic workplaces are on the rise, and today, for the sake of their people and their bottom line, organizations must address and take action against this kind of behavior. This week on ProjectHR, Jana Morrin, CEO and Co-founder of Speakfully, a platform that helps employees discreetly navigate through toxic workplaces, talks about the need to support employees who experience mistreatment at work. We’ll discuss:
– The impact of toxic workplaces;
– What companies should be doing to help employees;
– How data and analytics can help companies become more proactive against toxicity; and
– The Speakfully process.
As a leader, which do you value more in your teams: belonging or uniqueness? This week on ProjectHR, Dr. Stefanie K. Johnson, author of Inclusify: The Power of Uniqueness and Belonging to Build Innovative Teams tells us why BOTH are important! In this episode of ProjectHR, we’ll talk about:
– What it means to “inclusify” and the benefits of doing so;
– The eight leader behaviors that support belonging and uniqueness;
– Tips for conducting inclusifying meetings; and
– Common pitfalls that leaders may experience.
What are Millennials looking for in this stage of their careers? How can their needs be integrated with those of the next generation?Continue reading
Everyone talks about the importance of Continuous Learning – but can it really spark engagement in your employees? This week on ProjectHR, Oliver Bell, CEO of Oliver Bell, Inc., shares his insights on continuous learning and how training can be transformational, on an organizational level as well as for individual employees. In this episode of ProjectHR, we’ll talk about:
– The distinction between Continuous Learning and Lifelong Learning
– Formal, Social and Self-Directed learning
– The availability of “off-the-shelf” educational content
– How training contributes to both employee retention and engagement!
Everyone wants to feel fulfilled by their jobs – but can fulfillment be achieved through an employer’s leadership style? Chris Meroff, the author and creator of Alignment Leadership believes it can, and this week on ProjectHR, he shares with us his secrets to communicating value to employees, eliminating uncertainty in the workplace and helping everyone find their pathways to success. In this episode of ProjectHR, we’ll talk about:
– Identifying the “moving target” of value
– What Alignment Leadership is, and how you can put it to work in your organization
– Why finding fulfillment at work is so important
– Alignment Leadership’s Four Step Process!
What does it take to be the BEST? In this episode, we talk about making those end-of-year “Best Companies to Work For” lists and what it takes to become an Employer of Choice with your current and future employees. This week on ProjectHR, Karen Loughlin, Talent Sourcing and Diversity Manager for Wegmans Food Markets, talks with us about:
– How a regional supermarket chain gets recognized nationally as a great place to work
– The importance of corporate values
– Why employees are Wegmans’ best brand ambassadors
– How happy employees make happy customersContinue reading
Episode 1.07: Take your recruitment efforts from ho-hum to oh-wow! Finding the perfect candidate may be more art than science, but this week on ProjectHR, Matt Self of Conklin Media talks with us about:
– What is recruitment marketing?
– The ways in which HR and marketing departments intersect
– The best way to market your company to prospective job candidates
– Walkthrough a typical recruitment marketing strategy
Episode 1.06: Jason Greer helps people “master their story”! With more than a decade of work in diversity and inclusion, labor and industrial relations, Jason has a unique perspective on the subject of bias.
This week on ProjectHR, Jason talks with us about:
· Implicit and explicit bias
· In-groups, out-groups, the “dopamine effect” and the “cortisol effect”
· The value of finding common ground
· The importance of being vulnerable
Today’s workplaces are multigenerational, and in this week’s episode, we seek to understand the much-maligned Millennial generation.Continue reading
On this episode, we talk with culture change expert Siobhan McHale, author of “The Insider’s Guide to Culture Change: Creating a Workplace That Delivers, Grows and Adapts”. Here, McHale demystifies culture transformation and helps leader navigate the path to positive change!Continue reading