Until very recently, HR and PR operated as stand-alone entities — but the rise of technology has meant that relationship is now evolving, growing, and intersecting in ways that genuinely compliment and assist one another. Our guest for this week’s ProjectHR is Nick Kalm, Founder, President, and CEO of Reputation Partners, LLC. and he’ll be telling us all about:
– How both teams benefit from working in concert;
– The importance of the company experience;
– The role of storytelling in both HR and PR; and
– How joining forces can dramatically impact recruitment efforts.
Talking with employees about COVID-19 is a challenge for many companies right now. Employee communication during a crisis presents unique challenges that require specific solutions. This week on ProjectHR, Jennifer Orechwa discusses strategies, including the language, tone and delivery of your employee-facing communications.Continue reading
As America’s attitudes towards marijuana legalization shift and evolve, so, too, do the jobs of Human Resource professionals. In this ever-changing environment, what happens to workplace drug policies? And how can we all keep up? One way to keep up is to follow Lisa Nagele-Piazza, Senior Legal Editor at the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), and she is our guest for this week’s episode of ProjectHR. In this episode, we’ll discuss:
– Whether drug testing is worth doing anymore;
– Who is responsible for keeping up with the changing laws;
– What happens to HR when the law changes; and
– Notable legal challenges you should know about.
Leadership today means something different than it did for previous generations. Thanks to technology, we live in a more transparent and communicative world, and employees are demanding more from their leaders. This week on ProjectHR, John Eades, CEO of Learnloft and author of Building the Best: 8 Proven Leadership Principles to Elevate Others to Success talks about this changing dynamic, and how you can elevate your own leadership style. In this episode, we’ll discuss:
-How to build relationships with employees today;
-How great leaders get great performance;
-The primary benefit of elevating others; and
– The five leadership styles outlined in Building the Best.
Toxic workplaces are on the rise, and today, for the sake of their people and their bottom line, organizations must address and take action against this kind of behavior. This week on ProjectHR, Jana Morrin, CEO and Co-founder of Speakfully, a platform that helps employees discreetly navigate through toxic workplaces, talks about the need to support employees who experience mistreatment at work. We’ll discuss:
– The impact of toxic workplaces;
– What companies should be doing to help employees;
– How data and analytics can help companies become more proactive against toxicity; and
– The Speakfully process.
As a leader, which do you value more in your teams: belonging or uniqueness? This week on ProjectHR, Dr. Stefanie K. Johnson, author of Inclusify: The Power of Uniqueness and Belonging to Build Innovative Teams tells us why BOTH are important! In this episode of ProjectHR, we’ll talk about:
– What it means to “inclusify” and the benefits of doing so;
– The eight leader behaviors that support belonging and uniqueness;
– Tips for conducting inclusifying meetings; and
– Common pitfalls that leaders may experience.
Everyone talks about the importance of Continuous Learning – but can it really spark engagement in your employees? This week on ProjectHR, Oliver Bell, CEO of Oliver Bell, Inc., shares his insights on continuous learning and how training can be transformational, on an organizational level as well as for individual employees. In this episode of ProjectHR, we’ll talk about:
– The distinction between Continuous Learning and Lifelong Learning
– Formal, Social and Self-Directed learning
– The availability of “off-the-shelf” educational content
– How training contributes to both employee retention and engagement!
Everyone wants to feel fulfilled by their jobs – but can fulfillment be achieved through an employer’s leadership style? Chris Meroff, the author and creator of Alignment Leadership believes it can, and this week on ProjectHR, he shares with us his secrets to communicating value to employees, eliminating uncertainty in the workplace and helping everyone find their pathways to success. In this episode of ProjectHR, we’ll talk about:
– Identifying the “moving target” of value
– What Alignment Leadership is, and how you can put it to work in your organization
– Why finding fulfillment at work is so important
– Alignment Leadership’s Four Step Process!
Employee Relations is a critical element of any organization – but are you doing all you can to avoid “Red Light” incidents and allegations? Today, tech solutions can equip you with powerful insights to ensure compliance, protect your brand, and achieve greater organizational effectiveness. This week on ProjectHR, Deb Muller, CEO of HR Acuity talks with us about:
– Employee relations – whose job is it?
– How employee relations professionals can improve the employee experience;
– Three ways technology can improve employee relations;
– The power of HR Acuity to manage investigations
Episode 1.09: 2020 is off and running – what will the new year have in store for Human Resources? This week on ProjectHR, Andrea Hoffer, CEO and Founder of AHA! Business Consulting, talks 2020 takes on the following HR topics:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Remote Work
- Employee Wellness Programs, and more!